Twitter: LexWili
IG: alexawill

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

War Horse

PART ONE:
War Horse was a great movie. I liked war horse because it was different from what we usually see in history classrooms. It was a totally new and different perspective of the war and it was a perspective that I never knew was possible. Before I watched the movie I didn't know the extent that horses were used in the war. This movie will have a lasting impression on me because of the way the horses were mistreated and abused. Its amazing to me how strong and brave the horses were through all the abuse they received. It also amazes me that most of the soldiers and commanding officers in the war were so cold-hearted regarding the treatment of the horses. I liked the main character the best, the original owner of the horse because his character was portrayed as having a large heart and was willing to put his life on the line to fight for his country and his horse. One of the most impressionable scenes in the movie was when the two young brothers were shot in cold blood for attempting to run away from the war. I thought that scene was important also because it showed the intensity of people in the war back then. I don't really think there are any content applications to today because animals aren't used in the war anymore.

No comments: