Twitter: LexWili
IG: alexawill

Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Godfather

PART ONE:
The Godfather is about one of the Italian families living in New York City that are involved in the organized crime ring. This was my first time viewing the film and I really enjoyed it. I now understand fully why this film is considered a classic and now I'll be able to understand Godfather references when people use them. I live action movies and this movie had a lot of surprises and plot twists that kept me engaged and entertained. I liked that the family was straight savage and pretty much ran New York City. I also liked that in the beginning Michael Corleone was portrayed as not having any involvement in the "family business" but in the end turned into a Don and a straight savage. This movie made me feel that I can probably accomplish a lot more than I do and that anything is possible. This movie has applications to today because of it's general underlying theme that family is important. Basically this movie taught people how to be a ride or die for your family. The Corleone's were loyal to each other and loved each other and were definitely willing to do anything to protect someone or avenge their death. My favorite character was Michael because he was the person I least expected to become head of the family business. I really expected him to be the rat of the family.

PART TWO:
Vito Corleone was the moral center of the film because he stood firm in what he believed in. Many people would come to him and ask for various types of favors and he stood his ground in what he believed what was right and wrong. This was apparent mainly when he refused Sollozzo and would not sell drugs in his territory. I felt like the way Vito passed was a very surprising one due to the fact that everyone around him was being murdered. I don't think the world became a better place because of his death. Vito did not do anything to hurt anyone and was a pretty just person with his actions.

PART THREE:
If this story was told from the outside the family you would not be able to see the reasoning behind all of the violence and other illegal activity. Seeing the story from the point of view of an insider, oddly enough makes the crimes committed by the Corleone family seem less extreme and actually justified. I do think the film deserves being called a classic. It's a great film that I believe everyone should see.

No comments: